jeudi, mars 11, 2004


I went for x-rays today and the ribs still look very broken, but they are feeling a lot better these days. They doctors still have me on restricted duty for two more weeks. This has helped me to get caught up on my operator training (yyuukk). MK said if they are feeling better than they are healing. He said it is hard to see this on rib x-rays.

Lisa isn't feeling well this evening. We are beginning to thing she may have gallstones. When I was on the phone with MK and described her symptoms, and he said that gallstones were a possibility. Lisa went to bed early. Both the little boys were concerned for her and they went in the room an kissed her and then prayed for her. Those were a couple of precious moments.

Except for Lisa not feeling well, this has been a pretty normal evening. Most of it was spent with the little boys and their school work. Christian spent the evening talking on the phone to a girl friend or outside with a neighbourhood friend. Morgan was at work and has now gone to visit here cousin.

The weather has been awesome lately. The evenings and mornings have been cool and the days have been bright and mild. This weather is supposed to hold out until Saturday evening. Mk and I are planning on taking my to young sons and his seven year old camping tomorrow evening. We are going to go to my mom and dad's place. They have cut down a number of trees and have a large pile of wood to burn. Dad has been waiting for the little boys to burn it. So we will have a wennie roast and then a bonfire.

I hope to then do some fishing Saturday. My job will be to put the worms on the hooks for the boys and take the perch off the hooks. If they're lucky they will catch some bass also. It is lots of fun to watch the boys fish.

I do have a Merlot and a Chianti to bring on the trip. I am not sure which of these two wines goes better with hotdogs cooked over an open fire. I guess we will have to try both. This is my kind of camping, because I can get up and go to mom's kitchen in the morning for breakfast and coffee.

Mk saw The Passion Of The Christ this week and he loved it. We got together the next evening for one of our conversation, walking, praying and wine events. We had a lively discussion on that and a number of other topics. He told me about a review of The Passion that is in Chalcedon Report. I read the review, which is by Brian Godawa. I've read many review of the movie, and this is the best that I have found. You can find the review here: Godawa Review.

I will miss the wine tasting event tomorrow night at Café Margaux. I hate to pass it up but spending time camping and fishing with the boys is priceless.

I have posted an article I wrote on religion and the American Revolution on the History blog . It is a bit long (between four and six pages) but I hope some folks will check it out.

It is time for me to finish the two fingers of bourbon (Jim Beam Black) in my glass and go to bed.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: