dimanche, novembre 28, 2004

I spent most of today at home with the children. Lisa worked until about noon and then went to see a friend who is going through a divorce. She got with the friend again this evening and they went to supper together. The lady is a good friend. Divorce is a terrible thing, so it is good that Lisa can be there for her friend.

I got two new DVDs today. The first one I purchased at Walmart when the little boy’s and I went grocery shopping this afternoon. The movie is Frank Capra’s classic It’s a Wonderful Life. The other DVD I received today was ordered for me by my friend Butch Ellis. He was ordering Warriors of Honor and I asked him to order me a copy also. He called this morning and told me that they had arrived, so I went and picked up my copy and visited with he and Judy for a little while.

I watched both these DVDs today and love both. I have seen It’s a Wonderful Life many times. It is one of those timeless stories that you can watch over and over again.

Warriors of Honor is a very good documentary of Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson. I can not recommend this documentary to highly. It is a must have. It is a breath of fresh air in the fact that it gives a far more Southern slant to the War Between the States and not the usual Northen version that we Southrons have been force fed in textbooks for almost 150 years.

Lee and Jackson were both great military leaders and more importantly they were great men of God. They were both devout Christian men. The Scotch/Irish Jackson was Presbyterian and Lee, who was of English descent, was an Episcopalian. Of course, in that day, both these Southern Denominations were solidly Bible believing and theologically orthodox.

Robert E. Lee is my greatest American hero. I love history, especially early American history, and I have found very few Americans who come close to Lee in being worth of admiration and deserving of imitation as does Robert E. Lee.

We will be worshipping at Trinity Lutheran Church here in Sulphur again tomorrow. We are supposed to meet with the Pastor tomorrow.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: