mardi, mars 21, 2006

Today was another workday around the house. I spent much of the morning crawling in the attic putting in insulation that I discovered “missing (it was never installed) after the hurricane.

I also visited with my bro-in-law Brian who stopped by for a while. He really helped me out with my plans to run gas to the kitchen. I was planning one thing but he pointed out a much better way.

After Brian left, and I finished the attic work I then installed ceiling fans, one in Christian’s room and one on the porch. I also visited with Morgan’s boyfriend (Danny) who came over with his new pet ferret. Morgan recently started working at Starbucks and tonight she brought a pound of freshly ground coffee home.

After I said prayers with the little boys and put them to bed, I went to Books-A-Million to spend a gft card that I received from there as an early birthday present. I purchased five books that I am excited about. Here are their titles:
Enemy at the Gate: The Battle For Stalingrad by William Craig
The Crisis of Islam: Holy War and Unholy Terror by Bernard Lewis
The Constitutional Convention: A Narrative History from the Notes of James Madison
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
And last and certainly not least—
Beyond Good and Evil: A Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future by Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh, I also received Joseph Smith: A Rough Stone Rolling by Richard Lyman Bushman from the History Book Club. It is a biography of the founder of Mormanism.

After returning home with my new treasure of books, I visited with Lisa for a while, kissed her goodnight, made a pot of coffee (the freshly ground starbucks coffee) and settled in on the couch, coffee in hand, and read the introductions to my newest books.

Now I will pour me a small bit of bourbon, go back to my reading and then sleep.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: