samedi, février 14, 2004


Update:
Lisa and Kim made it back from the Houston airport with their passengers. She worked hard all day long getting things ready for a hair show her shop is sponsoring.

I took the little boys grocery shopping today. They're a little harder to handle in a store when you have broken ribs, but we got through it ok. I love taking them to the store. They're always fun, but they're more fun when I don't have broken ribs.

The cough medicine MK prescribed has helped a lot. I am not coughing near as much as I was and this is a great relief. It hurts so much when I cough, but without the coughing I feel much less sore and am getting around pretty good. I was leaning to my right, but I am now able to stand straight when I walk.

I hope to go up and visit my parents tomorrow. If this happens it means that we will worship at First Baptist Church. I really like the pastor of my parents church. He is a fine man and a good preacher and a very personable man. I think he is a good honorable man and my family has well under his teaching and preaching.

There are a good number of theological differences between the pastor at my parents church and myself. But they are the typical old differences that divide Baptists Christians from Reformed Christians. We certainly have far more in common theologically than we have differences and I would love to spend some time discussing theology with him in detail but we have not had an opportunity to do so.

When I finish my blogging I plan to read a paper titled The Grace of Justification by Dr. Norman Shepherd. I am reading Shepherd because there's a big controversy swirling around him, and I am trying to get a handle on the controversy. I've read a fair amount about it and so far I don't see why there is so much hoopla. There are good scholarly Reformed Christians on both sides in this controversy. Some of Shepherds defenders are first rate Reformed theologians and the same is true of many of his detractors.

I am still struggling with this stuff. I'm trying to read all the Shepherd stuff I can find and I plan to read as many of his critics as I can also. I have already done some of both but need to do more.

I need to get to my reading, so I will close this blog and get to work

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: