lundi, janvier 26, 2004


Today (now yesterday) was a good Lord's Day. Lisa, the kids and I went to Church. The worship service was excellent. We have started using a different liturgical format which I think is wonderful. The worship service was a great blessing.

This evening I was asked to speak to a group of men that are struggling with some of the teachings at another local Reformed Church. I think we had a good and productive discussion. I hope all these men will continue to persevere in the Reformed Faith.

After that I went over to my buddy TK's house. TK is the one who arranged for me to have the discussion with the men above. At TK's house we had a couple of beers and discussed how things went with the group earlier. We were both encouraged by the way things went.

After that I came home to the family. The little boys were finishing up with their baths. I was able to visit with them a little while before I said prayers with them and sent them to bed.

At 10 PM my buddy MK came over with a couple of bottles of red wine. He wanted to do a blind taste test, so I got four classes from the cabinet and we did the taste test.

It is amazing how wines differ. the first wine was a Beaulieou Vineyard - Costal merlot (2000) and the second wine was a Fonte AL Sole - sangiovese/merlot (2001). The first wine was ok, a good everyday wine, but the second wine was very smooth and nice.

After our wine tasting we went outside to walk around the block (several times) and pray. We had a good time praying before the Lord our God. It's always a pleasure to pray with MK. We've been doing this for 15 years now. Its always a joy.

Saturday I did go to Eunice with JD. We went to the Savoy Music Center and caught the (Cajun music) jam session. It was great fun, and I can't wait to bring pawpaw and my little boys to it next time,

I did buy a tape about playing the Cajun Accordion. I own an accordion and need to learn how to play something.

BTW: I picked up a CD by Alphonse "Bois Sec" Ardoin and Canray Fontenot. The CD is La Musique Creole and it is "WoW" good.

It is late and I need to get up early. I will write more when I can.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: