samedi, janvier 31, 2004


Today is my third night on graveyard shift. Things have gone pretty good so far. I brought out groceries and cooked for the shift tonight. I cooked a Cajun favourite Pain Perdu (pronounced “Pan” [you have to cut the ‘n’ very short] pehr-du). This translates in to English as “lost bread” but is known by most folks as “French toast.”

Walter D. and Mitchell T. assisted with the cooking. While I was busy with the pain perdu, Walt cooked the bacon and sausage and Mitch cooked some scrambled eggs. We cooked enough to feed fourteen people and we even had a (very) little bit left over.

Tomorrow night we're supposed to have red beans and rice with deer sausage. And Sunday night we are planning on chilidogs. This new shift is going to do a lot more cooking on shift then my old shift. I'm going to have to watch weight.

I don’t have much to place on the blog about home, because my time during the day at home is spent mostly sleeping.

I will sign off now with a very full belly.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: