jeudi, décembre 22, 2005

Hopefully this is my last shift to work until after Christmas. I work off in the morning and (if no one calls in sick) I will not return to work until next Thursday on days.

I spent the last three hours of my shift last night outside in 35 degree weather. We had some minor problems because of the cold that kept us out there. It shouldn't be as cold tonight and we are doing things to avert the same problem on this shift.

After having a busy late shift, I had to stay over for a couple of hours this morning. I did not get home until eight o’clock this morning. That cut into my sleep time a good bit. When I woke I did some more painting in the living room. We are trying to get it put back together so we can have one good, undamaged room in the house for Christmas morning.

Matt brought a couple of deer roasts to cook for our supper tonight, so we are hoping to eat good this evening.

My throat is scratchy and my nose is starting to run. This does not bode well for my days off. Oh well. We will make the best of it.

Corem Deo,
Kenith

1 commentaire:

Steve a dit…

Oh man deer roasts! I wish my wife liked venison (she comes from a long line of Louisiana hunters, you'd think she would!), Ive got a freezer full of venison from a doe I got early on in the season, and so far havent done much but jerky with it. I'm aprehensive about getting another, because Ive got no place for the meat.I'm actually going to do a chili for New years day (along with Charbroiled oysters), so I'll get rid of some of it that way.

Good luck with the day shift! Merry Christmas!