dimanche, juillet 02, 2006

Recently I went to Washington DC for a convention of United Steal Workers Union, to which I belong. I was one of two members of our local who made the trip. The other member was Claude S. (our local president).

On the last evening Claude and I were joined by a fellow from Baton Rouge on a bus tour of the historic parts of the city. I am big on history and found was excited that I was finally going to see a few sights. The three of us had a number of interesting discussions about history during our tour.

That evening the three of us ate decided to eat at a Lebanese Restaurant that was near the hotel. While eating the gentleman from Baton Rouge said something to the effect that the United States were founded on people not bringing their religious beliefs into the political realm. Of course I had to strongly disagree with him.

In a polite and respectful discussion I pointed out some items that clearly demolished his position. He knew his statement was inaccurate and so he quickly retreated from his statement.

I have put a short article about this item on As I see It.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: