mardi, novembre 21, 2006

It’s been a while since I’ve written for the blog, but tonight I am in a writing mood. I’m feeling a bit melancholy at this moment. This is mainly due to the fact that my oldest son, who just turned twenty, has gone by bus to Shreveport to take the tests necessary to join the U.S. Navy.

I am a Navy veteran myself and have high regard for military service. When I was his age I had already been in the service for a year and a half, but still I can help think about his going away and how much I will miss seeing him.

Christian has grown into a handsome, well proportioned and intelligent young man and I have to remember that he is a man. I love him dearly and hate thinking that he will be hundreds or thousands of miles from home. When I was his age I was on my way to Japan and thought nothing of it. It was very exciting to go places that I had strange exotic place some of which I had never even heard of.

I remember my dad, who is an Air Force veteran, telling me, after I returned from my four years of service, how he was seriously affected when I joined up. I don’t know what Christian will do tomorrow. I don’t know what they will offer him or if he will sign up to go, but he wants to go and will likely do so. I feel at a loss and he has not even joined up yet.

I pray God’s blessing and care will go with him (and all my children) in everything he does.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: