mardi, septembre 02, 2008

Things are getting back to normal. Lots of people are pouring back into town today (we got back early yesterday afternoon) and the local Market Basket and Kroger are both open, though Walmart and the fast food joints are still closed.

Lisa and I "celebrated" our twenty-fifth aniversary yesterday. The morning was spent watching Hurricane Gustav coming on shore via the Weather Channel. Once the eye of the hurricane was on land, we loaded up and headed for home. I led the way in my truck, followed by our daughter in her car and then Lisa in her Jeep.

We did learn that almost all of East Texas has NO Sprint cell phone service. There was no service from just north of Dequincy, LA until almost I-20 by Marshal, TX.

We were back in town a little after noon. Woody had never left and we joined him for a fish fry.

Later,
Kenith

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Kenny,
Glad to hear everything is OK. I was thinking about yall.

We had 1 family come up and stay at my in-laws house.

If you are ever in a jam come on up to Memphis. :-)

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Thanks Marc,

I would like to get together again some time (even if there is not a hurricane). It has been a long time since we talked face to face.

Thanks again,
Kenith