samedi, septembre 05, 2009

This morning, I got up at 7:00. Lisa was already up and had started making gumbo chicken and sausage) for supper. After the gumbo, rice and potato salad were mostly done she went to her parents and then to the shop. I did some chores and then "cut the grass" (that is the way we say "mow the lawn" in South Louisiana.

Lisa got home about 11. We loaded up the truck with food. Lisa the boys and I headed for Mittie. Donna had asked me to bottle the home brew that Jon had started to celebrate the birth of their first grand baby.

We spent most of the afternoon in Mittie. I bottled the beer (5 gallons) played with the children outside, helped catch and saddle the horse, visited Jon's grave and read on their porch.

I pray for this family. Jon will be missed.

Coram Deo,
Kenith


Aucun commentaire: