samedi, juillet 03, 2004

My daughter and niece left this morning on a road trip to Virginia. They are heading to the Christian Worldview Student Conference which is held every year at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia.

The girls are very excited about this trip. This will be their third time to attend the conference. It is a very good conference put on by Calvary Reformed Presbyterian Church which is located in Hampton Virginia. Two years ago Mike and I drove a group of young people to the conference and were able to attend it ourselves. Last year the girls flew to the conference.

This year they decided on driving to Virginia. They are old enough to make the trip, but I am really nervous about letting them go. I know it will very likely turn out to be good for them. They are testing their wings. I wanted to not let them do it, but I know that that would not have been the right thing to do. So I have done what I can to make sure the trip goes well.

This has been a busy week and much has been going on. Emotionally this was a rough week. I have been worried about the girls making this trip. Also this week we came on Gerry’s first birthday since he passed away last year. That was hard. I did tear up on June 30th when I thought of Gerry on his birthday.

In my reading, I’m still reading Cyprian’s epistles. I have also been reading in the Apostolic Fathers, and I have even picked up the Iliad and continued it as well.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: