samedi, mai 20, 2006

Last week I started back working on the house. I finished pulling up the old wood flooring in the new, expanded kitchen area and I then began laying the ceramic tiles, that Lisa had picked out. These are 18” tiles and they're going down fairly quickly. I started working my nights shift before I could get them finished, but do I plan to get finished with this section of floor after I work off early next week.

One evening last week TK, Kevin C. and Pastor Mark came over. We sat on the porch, chatted and had a good evening of conversation (mostly theological). TK and Kevin brought a couple of choice beers for us to enjoy. They brought a blue label Chimay and a La Fin Du Monde. Chimay is one of my favourite beers and I enjoyed the La Fin Du Monde as well.

Temple Sinai had its annual book sale last weekend, and I had to go to that. I only bought six books this year. Last year I mopped up, but this year I was a bit more frugal (besides I have purchased a lot of books in the last year or so and many of them remain un-read).

I did pick up a copy of Rudyard Kipling’s Just So Stories. We already have a copy of this wonderful book (which I read to Morgan and Christian when they were small), but I could not pass this book up. I started reading it to the little boys. I’ve read three of the stories to them this week. They are really fun stories.

Mk and I took the boys to see Mission Impossible III last weekend and he took the boys to see Over the Hedge this weekend.

Our niece Elisabeth graduated from Mc Neese last weekend, so we spent all Saturday afternoon at Woody’s house celebrating (Woody and Elisabeth are engaged to be married). I was the designated cook (Bar-BQ). There was plenty of food, and refreshments. Sa far as I could tell everyonel had a good time .

Kenith

Aucun commentaire: