lundi, août 28, 2006

Things are plodding along at our household. Our two oldest children are in college and the little boys are in grammar school. Our evenings at home are spent doing homework with the boys and then their reading to me from one of their books.

Our work on the house is once again come to a near standstill, because we have to have a plumber to run and certify a gas line to the kitchen. This has got everything else held-up. I guess I will start back on the garage and try to make a little progress on it.

Friday night was “Judyfest.” Judy E. is a friend and it was her birthday. Several years ago a group of us went to DI’s Restaurant (near Basile) for this occasion and Tommy K. coin the event with the name “Judyfest” and so it has remained.

Lisa, me, the little boys, our niece Elisabeth (who has moved in with us) and her fiancée all went, as did many of the folks from Covenant Presbyterian Church (including Pastor Mark and his wife Peggy), and a number of friends from the refinery (most of whom also attend Covenant Church). I think we all “passed a good time.” Lisa and I danced for a number of songs. I had to request that the band play my favourite Cajun song to jitterbug to -- La Porte d'en Arrière by D.L Menard.

Good food, cold beer, good friends and good music at DI’s on a Friday night now that is a good way to “Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler.”

Today we went to church at Covenant. It was a very good service; Pastor Mark is a gifted preacher.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: