dimanche, octobre 08, 2006

Tomorrow evening I will finish these fourteen days at work without a day off. I did make the swing from night shift to day shift, which is always very hard for me. I worked off at 6 am one morning and had to return to work at 6 am the next morning. I find that quick turnaround to be brutal, so I have a prescription of ambien to help when I have to switch like that.

When I work off in the morning I have to sleep. I will usually wake up around 11 to 11:30. On my last day I try to get up and function, otherwise I go back to sleep until 2 to 2:30 pm.

On my first night off it is always hard to go to bed at a decent hour, but when I have to go to work the next morning I must get some sleep. Ambien does the trick. Thankfully this does not happen very often, so a prescription will last a good while.

Friday, Lisa drove to Dallas. Morgan (Mo) and Elisabeth took care of the little boys after school until I go home. After work that evening, TK came by to have a beer and converse on the porch for a while. Then Woody and a little later MK and his son also dropped by.

The four of us had a good visit on the porch. We drank Killians and some red wine also. We talked until well after 9 pm. When they left I got ready for bed and crashed (Lisa and I spoke earlier while the company was here).

Saturday, Mo took the boys to their Reaux Reaux’s house to spend the night. Since I was going to be all alone, I called TK to see if he was interested in joining me a Chili’s Restaurant after work. Chili’s is close to my house and it is on TK’s way home from work.

TK met me there. We had a good meal, several margaritas and good talk. After eating I went home. Woody and Elisabeth were there. I said hello, got cleaned up and went to bed. I read a little bit in Calvin and then slept until my alarm went off this morning.

Tomorrow, Lisa will be returning home and I will finish this two week stint of working 12 hours a day with no days off. I can’t wait for my lovely wife to return home and for me to be off work for a few days.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Ps. Yesterday was opening day for squirrel season. I really would like to do some hunting!!!!!

Aucun commentaire: