mardi, décembre 26, 2006

Another Christmas has come and gone. The week before Christmas members of our house began to get ill. Our youngest child became ill on Saturday the 17th. He had come down with the flue and ran a fever for the next week. The next youngest followed him into illness, he succumb to the fever on Monday or Tuesday. I fell ill on Friday.

Saturday, Lisa, Morgan and Christian all went to Her families Christmas party, but the little boys and I stayed home sick, though both the boys seemed to be improving. We did not make it to Church Sunday. I was terribly sick and the little boys were not well but noticeably improving.

They were well enough Christmas Eve to open gifts, so we did. That way “we sickly band” would not have to get up early on Christmas Morning. I felt a bit better on Christmas day. We had some company Christmas day night (mostly family) and we played a few games, drank some wine and feasted on seafood gumbo, slow cooked roast and their accessories.

Today I feel better than I have since Thursday, but I’m still not up to speed. I woke up with an earache, I still have a cough and my nose is still not functioning as it should, but I do have a lot more energy.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: