samedi, février 24, 2007

I am on the graveyard shift. Last night was one of those rare occasions, after making our first round, we sat in the kitchen for a while telling “war stories” about events experienced out here at the refinery. The guys who have been here over twenty years have stories hair raising stories about explosions and other such experiences.

Thankfully the explosion of one of our units happened before I came to work here, which was 16 years ago. I had some stories of my own, but thankfully it, all my “events were near misses. Our safety record in this industry is really pretty good, but there have been three people killed since I’ve been here.

I worked at one refinery for four years, and in those four years twelve people were killed. It was a terrible place to work. Thankfully I was never hired into operations at that refinery.

Last night we had a good quite night. I hope we have a similar night tonight.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: