vendredi, novembre 16, 2007

This morning my alarm went of a 4:40. I got ready for work and arrived at the refinery at 5:30. I "made relief" with Butch in the centralised control room. He filled me in on what had taken place on the night shift. With that done, I poured myself a of coffee (Community of course) and visited with our two board guys. I then filled in the payroll book, got my radio, my hard hat and then headed for our satellite.
The the satellite, I poured myself a second cup of coffee and visited with the outside operators for a while. After that I went to my desk, logged onto the computer, checked email and our unit log. I then wrote many of the work permits that that I knew would be needed. By then it was about 10 to seven, I got a air monitor and did my "morning walkabout" through the units while the other guys were doing there rounds.
My walkabout takes about 20 minutes. When I cot back to my desk, spoke with my supervisor, by then maintenance and construction hands were arriving and things took on their usual hectic pace.
This was a typical day for me when I'm working the day shift. I drink LOTS of coffee and stay very busy. Nights and weekends are usually slower, that's why I like them better.
Later,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: