jeudi, novembre 22, 2007

Yesterday, the boys and I went to Longville and visited with my parents. My parent's neighbour was smoking a couple of turkeys, one for my parents and the other for he and his family. He was using a makeshift smoker that he had made with cinder blocks and a couple of thin sheets of metal. It was a neat setup that I plan to imitate soon.

On of my parents hens had nine one day old biddies following her around. they were so cute. They had another hen with four young chicks, but they were a few days older.

We had a good visit. My youngest son wanted to do some shooting, so I let him shoot my .22 revolver. I shoot a few rounds from my SKS as well. Then we loaded into the pickup truck and headed for home.

Once at home I went to work on supper. I wrapped a number of potatoes on foil, with butter, and put them in the oven. I then took some steaks out seasoned them, got a pan with olive oil hat and ready, but set the steaks in it. I feed the boys and then Lisa arrived home and we ate. Morgan and Danny (her fiancee) finished off what was left.

Today, I slept in. Lisa fixed a roast and around noon we went just down the road to Woody and Elisabeth's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. Most of Lisa's family was there and it was a good time.

Bonjour,
Kenith

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Hope everyone had a nice day.

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Hello Marc,

I hope all is well with you and yours. I trust that you had a good Thanksgiving.

Our oldest son will be going to aircrew school, then S.E.R.E. and on the P-3's.

Remember those days?

Your friend,
Kenith