samedi, avril 02, 2005

Greetings,

This is my first blog in over a month. I was on vacation and then had to go to Texas A&M for a week of training (I’m on the refineries rescue team).

While I was gone Mk and I took his and my little boys camping and we took my nephew as well. I did a lot of “honey do” projects while I was off from work. All in all my time away from the refinery was rewarding and enjoyable.

Lisa and I have returned to Bethel PCA Church. Our pastor there resigned and the church was at a critical point, and we felt that we had to return and help out. MK volunteered me to help him with Sunday school, and I had to preach the Resurrection day sermon. I was told that if I could find an ordained minister to lead the service then I would be off the hook, but if not I had to do it my self. I tried very hard to get a pastor to come and lead us in worship, but was unsuccessful.

All went well with the sermon. Lisa, my Mother-in-law and MK all said it was good. They are not the most objective observers, but I too think it went ok. It was a lot of work. The theme of the sermon was the resurrection of our Lord (of course), and I Corinthians 15 was the text. For the Scripture reading I read verses 1-26.

I'm reading way too many books again. I am still crawling through Calvin's Institutes. The more I read him the more I like him. I am also reading J.N.D. Kelly’s Early Christian Doctrine and about four other books.

I still plan to visit other Churches when things at Bethel line out again. I would like to visit an Orthodox service and I would like to visit and learn more about Episcopal worship. We have some Jewish friends and so I'm also hoping to go to worship services at the local Synagog later this month.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: