samedi, avril 23, 2005

I’m working the graveyard shift this evening. I started this round of graveyards Wednesday evening and I will finish them in the morning, which is one day early. I’m once again off my regular shift next week. I will be on turnaround planning again, I hope for the last time.

Today was a beautiful day. I woke up a little after noon and did not get back to sleep. So I'm operating on about two hours less sleep than I usually get. If I keep busy I should be alright.

The little boys and I went for a walk this afternoon before I came to work. We found some bike trails in a bunch of woods just north of our neighbourhood. We found, picked and ate some blackberries. They ran around the trails kicking up dust while I followed behind them.

My book reading has gotten out of hand. I'm reading way too many books at one time (I think I’m up to six. This means I am not reading enough in any particular book to finish it soon. So what I have to do is pick one or two books, knock them out and then return to some of the other books once I have finished these books.

We're having a guest preacher come to the church tomorrow. He will be teaching Sunday school and delivering the sermon. This means that we will be able to celebrate the Lord’s Supper tomorrow. We've not had Communion since our last pastor resigned.

MK's been teaching Sunday school and doing a great job. I know he is ready for the break and he will get tomorrow, but I'll miss his teaching. He's been teaching from the Proverbs and it's been very good.

He's recruited me to teach for a couple of weeks on the Apostles and Nicene Creeds. I am supposed to do this next month. I've owned Philip Schaff’s awesome 3 volume Creeds of Christendom for a number of years, I have John Leith's Creeds of the Church and I recently purchased Jaroslav Pelikan’s Credo. These three works, plus my books on Church history, should be more than enough material for me to prepare for the Sunday school lessons on the Creeds.

Now back to things happening at work tonight. Daved B. and Steve W. fed us tonight. They made scrambled eggs cooked with breakfast sausage, they also prepared some deer sausage, biscuits (itty bitty ones) with home made mayhaw jelly(yum), milk and orange juice. It was quite a feast, and we all had a great time teasing Dave about the size (or lack there of) of the biscuits.

Gotta go.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: