dimanche, août 14, 2005

My training at work, on our new unit, went well last. I still have a lot to learn, but I was able to trace some things out. I still need to do a lot more of the same.

Wednesday TK invited Kevin Clopton and me over for suds and conversation. He splurged and provided us with Chimay bière, boudin, chips and dip. We had a great visit and a wonderful time discussing history (church and otherwise) and theology.

TK and I both got of work at 3 PM on Thursday, so he came over after work for a beer. My neighbour Stan joined us (Stan had water) on the porch. TK and Stan are old friends. They worshipped together at First Baptist Church of Sulphur for many years. Then the mailman stopped by. He too is an old FBC member, but he has become a Calvinist and is looking around for a church that is closer to where he is theologically.

My good friend and fellow rescue team member, Ted Allen’s father died, so I went and paid my respects on Friday. Mr. Allen was WWII veteran. He was awarded the Bronze Star, Silver Star and a Purple Heart during the war. He was a true American hero. (Ted has written some comments about his dad on his on blog here.)

Saturday I attended the wedding of my buddy Fred Slawson’s daughter, Shawna. It was a nice wedding.

Sunday Lisa, the little boys and I attended worship services at Covenant Presbyterian Church. Mark Duncan, their new pastor, was preaching and I wanted to hear him. I have heard Rev. Duncan preach a number of times before, but I thought it would be good to hear him again. The sermon was from Genesis, and it was excellent. Another bonus was we where able to celebrate the Lord’s Supper today.

Mark Duncan has a website. It can be found by clicking here.

After Church we came home, ate dinner and I went to bed, so that I could work tonight.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: