dimanche, février 05, 2006


I’m off today. It is a normal workday for me, but I took off because we were invited to a Mardi Gras Ball last night and, even more importantly, I so I could go to church today with my family.

We had a good time last night. It was not as much fun as the last ball because the music was more modern and I’m not much for modern dance music. They did play a few Cajun songs that we could jitterbug to and a number of older songs as well.

A group of us met at our niece Elisabeth’s house. One of the ladies, Cindy F., brought a 1999 Cabernet Sauvignon Père de Famille from the Betz Family Winery. This was one of the best wines I have ever tasted. I told MK about it and we are going to purchase a bottle or two. It is a bit above my budget, but I think I its worth it for a special occasion.

We went to worship services a Covenant PCA this morning. We really need to move our membership from Bethel in Lake Charles to Covenant in Sulphur. We do live Covenant’s parish now. Pastor Mark is serving as Pastor of both Churches while Bethel is searching for a new pastor.

Personally, I would like to see the two congregations merge until our numbers grow and then we can re-establish Bethel once we have enough Reformed Christians to support two solid Reformed Churches in SW Louisiana.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: