jeudi, juin 28, 2007

I’ve still not written a detailed entry about our trip to Ireland and I may never do so. Since returning from Ireland I’ve written a number of letters to my son Christian, who is in Navy boot camp. I’ve written Christian two or three letters a week since he we recieved his Navy address.

I’ve also written a few letters to a lady in Colorado, who is a graduate student at a Roman Catholic College out there. She was recommended to me as an apologist of the Catholic faith by the school. This happened when I tried to contact one of her professors. I had watched a program on EWTN and I was impressed with the professor (who's name escapes me at this moment). I’ve exchanged several letters with Aimee (the lady mentioned above).

I had minor surgery on my left hand last Tuesday. The doctor removed a cyst that has been bothering me for some time. It hurt when I did work with my left hand, but was mostly a nuisance. So my left hand is all bandaged and I’m not supposed to use it for three weeks.

My typing skills already suck and now, with my left hand bandaged I can only use my index finger. That makes typing very tedious, but I will “endeavour to persevere” (To quote Chief Dan George in the movie Outlaw Josey Wales) in typing letters and (hopefully) for the blog as well.

Our family joined the SPAR (Sulphur Parks and Recreation). They have a very nice centre, which includes indoor basketball courts, 2 racquetball courts, an indoor track, workout equipment room, Olympic size pool and more. I’ve used the racquetball courts several times and I’ve been using the pool also. I need to get back in shape and loose at least 10 bounds.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: