samedi, juin 30, 2007

Thursday was a good day. Lisa woke first and got ready for work. I woke a bit later. We ate oatmeal together. Then she left for work and I walked block to Izzy’s house to feed and water his dog while he is out of town. When I got back to the house I sat on the front porch and read for a while, giving the dew time to depart from the grass.

At about 9 AM I pulled out the lawn mower and began cutting the yard. My neighbour Stan and his eldest son were doing yard work already when I got started. Stan saw that I was working with only one good hand, so he and his son finished their yard and started on my also. I cut about half the yard and Tyler did the rest, while Stan edged for me. Stan and his family are all good Christian people (Southern Baptists), and you can’t ask for better neighbours.

After the yard work was finished, I came inside and spent time with the boys. I had promised them Sonic for lunch, so we piled into the truck and drove to Sonic to get our food.

In the early afternoon Gary J. came over for a visit on the porch. While we were visiting, Lisa returned home. She and the boys headed of to the community swimming pool at park nearby. After Gary left, I ran an errand and meet Lisa. The boys were done swimming, but they wanted to play at the park. Lisa came home to cleanup and I watched the boys at the park.

After our park time we had supper at Chili’s Restaurant. We came home and watched a little TV. MK came over a little after nine. He and I enjoyed a very good California wine, along with some pepper jack cheese, on the front porch. After that we walked around the neighbourhood and prayed a good while.

I have not mentioned my reding much lately, so let me do so now. As is the norm, I am reading too many books at one time. Therefore, I don't finish any of them quickly and I read very slow even when reading one book. I am also listening to audio books.

I just finished the audio book Up From Slavery, the autobiography of Booker T. Washington. I boot the printed version several years ago and had but it on my "to read" list. I found the audio book at the library eagerly checked it out.

This is a great book by a very good and very remarkable man. I wish every American, especially every Southerner (black, white and what ever) would read this book.

I'm currnetly reading a book on the Founding Fathers, a book on the Punic Wars and Shakespeare's Henry V. I am listening to Peggy Noonan's biography of Pope John Paul II.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: