lundi, juillet 02, 2007

Sunday morning after breakfast Lisa and I went out on the porch. I read St. Paul’s epistle to the Ephesians aloud. Lisa was not feeling well, so she stayed home from church. The boys and worshipped at Bethel.

We picked up chicken on the way home. The early afternoon was quiet and Lisa began feeling better.

Our nephew Sean, who is in the Air Force and has been in Okinawa for a year, is back in the states for a little while. Lisa fixed a wonderful supper for him and other family members. We had great food and a good family visit. (The picture is of Sean and his older brother - a former Marine - Eric)

Coram Deo,
Kenith

*********************
Note: Pastor Mark came over to visit around 3:30. He informed me that he had resigned the pastorate at Covenant and the congregation had accepted his resignation. This is a terrible blow. Pastor Mark is a gifted preacher, teacher and pastor and though I’m not a member of Covenant I was very disturbed and disappointed by the news.

I’m not privy to all the details as to why this occurred, but I have some knowledge my gut tells me that all parties acted too hastily.

Aucun commentaire: