mardi, juillet 31, 2007

Since my last post here I’ve mostly worked. I had been called out to work on Sunday. I worked as Top then. I did get my day off Monday but I was called out to work on Tuesday and Wednesday. On those days I worked as an outside operator on our newest unit (a clean fuels unit), which is the unit from hell (UFH). Thursday I started my regular shift as Top operator. The UFH did not let up and I worked with the outside guy on the unit.

Friday, I took off so Morgan and I could drive to Pensacola to meet Christian. I was hoping to get Christian and bring him home for the weekend, so he could get his truck and bring it back to Florida. He was not able to come home so we brought him a load of civilian cloths.

Morgan and I left our house at 5:30 AM. She slept the first couple of hours of the trip and I listened to David McCullough’s book 1776. I checked it out from the library for the long drive. So far I have not yet finished it, but I am very close to doing so, and it is very good.

Christian had requested that we bring him some boudin and so I stopped in Breaux Bridge and picked up three pounds for him. Morgan woke up in Breaux Bridge. We had a very nice conversation that lasted for several hours. Then she turned to her I-pod for entertainment and I went back to McCollough’s book.

We arrived in Pensacola a little after 11 AM, and hoped we would hear from Christian soon, but it was three hour before he finished his day’s work and called us on the cell phone. Christian had some hope that he would be able to get off work earlier and that is why we got there when we did, but it did not happen.

We went of base picked Christian up and cruised around Pensacola. This was his first chance to get off base since he arrived there two weeks earlier. For supper, we tried to find and Outback Steakhouse, but settled for Ruby Tuesdays instead. We had a good visit, talked and broke bread together. Then we brought Christian back to base, said our goodbyes, he took his clothes and boudin back to his room and we left to return home. It was now 6 PM.

The drive home was uneventful. Morgan and I conversed for a while, then she again turned to here I-pod and I went back to 1776. We arrived at home at 11:30. I had to work the next morning so I immediately got ready for bed. Next morning I was up and moving at a quarter to 5.

The UFH was unrelenting all weekend so our work group did not have the quiet weekend that I had hoped for. We struggled with it both Saturday and Sunday. It lined out Sunday night. We had a normal busy Monday and I today (Tuesday) I am home.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: