dimanche, février 10, 2008

I started working the graveyard shift last Wednesday at 5:30 PM. For those of us on our regular shift the night was uneventful, but we do have another shutdown in our area. A part of one of our units is down for maintenance. Craig C. and Mike O. are off their regular shift working the shutdown.

The second night I brought stuff to cook for everyone. I made pain perdu (i.e. French toast) and bacon for everyone. Cajun pain perdu does not need syrup. It is plenty sweet on its on. I made sure it was ready for everyone before midnight, because of lent. I wanted everyone to eat the bacon too. The pain perdu was well received by everyone and enjoyed cooking it.

On the third night (Friday evening) Craig C. and Steve L. brought fish (speckled trout, sac-a-lait [also known as white perch or crappie] and bass) for a fish fry. Steve fried the fish and it was sooo good. They brought and cooked so much fish that we ate it two nights in a row.

At this moment I'm watching tv with my beautiful wife and I will soon have to get ready for work.

Later,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: