samedi, février 02, 2008

Here is South Louisiana we are quickly coming up on Mardi Gras. I happen to enjoy Mardi Gras season. As a kid, I lived in Destrehan, then a small town up river from New Orleans and as I kid I loved the parades, the beads and doubloons. On Mardi Gras day my parents would take us kids down town New Orleans every Mardi Gras Day. We all loved it and my sister still travels to New Orleans for Mardi Gras just abut every year.

My Dad grew up in French speaking family in and round New Orleans. They were partly Cajun and partly French Creole. and so he grew up with New Orleans Mardi Gras. My mom was raised a Praire Cajun on a farm outside small town of Basile in Evangeline Parish and so I always had that link to rural of Cajun Mardi Gras a well.

Last night MK and I took his son and my younger children to see the Lost Bayou Ramblers at NuNu's in Arnaudville. On our way we stopped in Grand Coteau and picked up Daved (Dah veed). Louie Michot and the rest of the Lost Bayou Ramblers were great and we (as the old Cajuns used to say) "passed a good time."

This morning MK and his son met the boys and me at the Lake Charles Civic Center for a Gumbo Cook off. There was lots of gumbo and Kevin Naquin and the Ossun Playboys were playing some very good traditional Cajun Music. We passed good time once more and eat lots of good gumbo and cracklins.

I need to get ready for bed so I can get up for church tomorrow.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: