samedi, avril 19, 2008

Last sunday, Lisa and I were still recovering from the wedding and reception. We awoke and I treated the Lisa the boys to breakfast. I cooked pain perdu. This is my one special meal that I cook when possible, usually as a Sunday morning treat before we get ready for worship services.

Monday morning I went to work and Christian headed back to Florida and the Navy. I worked my own shift and also two days overtime. Any overtime, as much as I dislike it, will be appreciated while we are recouping financially from the cost of Morgan and Danny's wedding and reception (BTW: It was beautiful, fun and worth every cent).

Friday evening Lisa and I went to the company shrimp boil. We had our fill of well seasoned boiled shrimp and cold beer (sadly it was BYOB) and visited with friends. After that we met Gary and Liz at the Isle of Capri. They had told us that Sean Vidrine and Swampfyre were playing. Lisa and I wanted to dance and we had heard that we could get in some jitter-bugging with this band.

We were not disappointed. I requested they play D.L. Menard's La Porte d'en Arrière, which is one of my favourite dance songs. It was great, the band started with the tempo a bit slow but sped things up each time around -- what fun!!! We danced a good bit, before it was time to head back home.

Lisa had to go to work this morning. I got up with her, but I've spent the morning relaxing. I read for a while, watched the News (the Pope is on Fox News celebrating Mass at St. Patrick Cathedral as I write this). As soon as I up load the blog I will start doing some needed work around the house.

Before I go, here are some more pictures from the reception:

Morgan and Danny

Morgan with Christian (in the cap)



Lindsey Janiese, our "official" photographer, and Morgan. We haven't go her picture yet, but she is very good at what she does.



Morgan with Woody (we went to Ireland last year when he married Elisabeth, Morgan's first cousin)



Lisa, Danny and Rhonda (Lisa's sister and Elisabeth's mom)



And here is Elisabeth. You can't tell but she will be delivering her and Woody's first child in early May (my great grand niece of nephew)


Well, I have work to do.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

2 commentaires:

GumboFilé a dit…

I've learned to play "The Back Door" on my fiddle.

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Cool!! You'll have to play it for us some time.

Kenith