jeudi, juin 19, 2008

Last Saturday Lisa, her sister Rhonda and I went to Lafayette for the wedding of Rosalie Hays and 1st Lieutenant Alec Moyer. Lisa and I have been good friends with the Jon-Ella and David Hays for many years. The were members of Bethel when they lived in Lake Charles. In the aftermath of Hurricane Rita, Lisa, our boys and Lisa's sister Rhonda all stayed with the Hays for a number of weeks.

I've been working graveyards this week. I woke early on Wednesday (12:30 PM) and instead of going back to sleep, I took the boys swimming at the community pool, where we were joined by several of their friends. We stayed at the pool for an hour and a half. We then came home and they got ready to go to McNeese for a leisure learning art class that they are taking. The class is being taught by my son-in-law, Danny.

I then returned home, got ready for work, ran to the store to pick up a few items that we were low on. I brought the items home came to work. As I am writing this, it is now just after midnight and I'm starting to feel tired because I did not get my normal amount of sleep and swam instead. It is going to be a long night.

In the reading department I finished reading The Life of Philip Melanchthon by Frances Augustus Cox. The book was published in 1817 and proved to be a very good book.

2 commentaires:

GumboFilé a dit…

2nd Lieutenant

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Opps. Thanks for the correction.