mardi, juin 24, 2008

On Sunday morning, Lisa was not feeling well, so I let her sleep. I let the boys sleep in also, but I got dressed and went to worship services. I went to St. Michael's Episcopal Church, so that I could get home more quickly than I could from Bethel. The minister at St. Michael's was a visiting pastor, because Rev. Cook was on vacation. I the service was nice, but I found the homily to be rather weak.

Sunday evening MK and his son came over. MK and I enjoyed a nice Zinfandel (not a "white" or "cafe" but a true red wine) and sat on the nearly completed porch and visited. Lisa did say hello, but our niece Kim and her daughter came over so the ladies talked inside, Mike and I did the same on the porch and the boys played all over.

On monday morning, my yongest son and I drove up to Longville. We fished in Sandy's pond for a little. We caught some perch and a bass, but it was getting hot so we went for a swim. After our swim we went to visit my parents. Mom had cooked some sausage and red gravyand my brother Terry had baked some flounder that he had caught the day before, so we feasted with them. Afterwards we drank coffee and talked. Before heading for home my son, dad and I picked blue berries (we picked two gallons). We ate a ton of them while picking them. They are so good.

Mark came over yesterday evening and we worked on the porch some more. Now all that is left to do is to install the new posts, wich he is making. When we finished our labour we ooled off on the porch with a couple of Sam Adam's Summer Ale. It is a very refreshing beer.

I little later Woody and Elisabeth walked over with their baby and joined us on the porch. Mark left shortly after and we moved the visit inside.

This morning, Lisa was up before the alarm went off and I got up shortly there after. She got ready for work and I came out on the porch with my French Press full of cofee, a cup (from Café Du Monde) and St Augustine's City of God. I have sat here on the porch, drank coffee, and read from the City of God. I also listend to part of a discussion betwen Richard Dawkins and Alister McGrath on my iPod.

Now that I have recorded all this on the blog, I need to get moving and start today's work.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: