jeudi, mars 19, 2009

Twentysix years ago TODAY Lisa and I went on our first date. We had a great time, even though several things went wrong from the beginning.

We did not know one another. I had recently left the navy and decided that I was partied out and was not interested in going out with anyone just then. Lisa had just returned home after spending the week in Florida. She was both tired and sunburned.

My brother Terry pestered me for a the previous week, and I finally caved in and agreed to go on a date with him and his girlfriend. Terry's girlfriend called Lisa and told her that she had a date that night.

Lisa, was not happy, theugh she reluctantly agreed to go out. She is just a little shorter than Terry and assumed I was about his height, so she wore high heels to make herself taller than me. She was going on a date that she did not want, with a guy she did not know, so why make it easy on him.

The four of us went out to eat. The service was terrible and we were all served the wrong food. After a bad meal we went dancing. Lisa and I spent much of the evening sitting, talking over the music. Terry and his girlfriend broke up as Lisa and I hit it off.

That was the beginning of our light speed relationship. We married 5 1/2 months later. Lisa is my favourite person in the whole world. She is a great wife and an awesome mother to our four children.

I am most blessed by God,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: