jeudi, novembre 26, 2009

I'm on vacation this week. Monday, Lisa and I went to Ship to Shore in Lake Charles and I bought a used kayak. I did not take it home because we had promised to take the boys bowling. The four of us are all TERRIBLE bowlers, but we don't bowl but once a decade, so I guess we never will be good.

Tuesday morning, the boys and I got up early, jumped in the truck and headed east on I-10. We traveled 200 miles east to the Global Wildlife Center. Lisa and I had visited the center years ago with Morgan and Christian, but the younger boys had not been there. They loved it.

After leaving Global Wildlife Center we drove back to the west. Just before reaching Baton Rouge, we pulled on the road to visit the Bass Pro Shop. We had fun there too. I bought the boys each a winter cap and we piled back in the truck to for the two hour drive home.

On Wednesday, Woody picked up the boys and me and we went to Ship to Shore and picked up my kayak. He then showed me a easy to access back swamp that is near the house where I can launch the Kayak. I plan to put it in the water no later than Saturday.

Lisa prepared a ham, rice dressing, sweet potato pies, pecan fudge and sugar cookies ( I helped) for Thanksgiving and we took it all a 1/2 block away to Elisabeth and Woody's to feast with her side of the family. We had great food, desserts, and drink.

I am so thankful to the Lord for all the incalculable ways in which He has blessed me.

Coram Deo,
Kenith


Aucun commentaire: