mardi, novembre 17, 2009

Wish I Was Hunting

This morning as I stepped outside to come to work the air was cool and crisp. The heat and humidity was gone, driven out by yesterday’s cold front. I noticed, as I walked to my truck, that there was no wind. It was a perfect morning to be in the woods on a deer stand or squirrel hunting. I wished that I was leaving the house with my guns going hunting, but instead I was off to the refinery and to work.
 
I love squirrel hunting. It is so much fun to walk slowly through a creek bottom looking and listening for squirrels. Fox (or Red) squirrels are smarter than Cat (or grey) Squirrels. If a Cat Squirrel sees you he will hide, but if you are quiet for ten minutes or so, he will soon forget about you and start running around again. A Fox squirrel will hide and remain hidden as long as you are in the area, unless he is forced to move.
 
Squirrel hunting is a blast. Deer hunting is not as much fun but it is far more challenging and you see more creatures roaming around you as you remain very quiet in your stand.
 
The weather today is great for either type of hunting. Too bad I could not do either one.
 
Later,
Kenith
 
 
 

Aucun commentaire: