mercredi, juillet 06, 2005

Two years ago today my brother Gerry passed away, after a three year battle with colon and liver cancer. He died at his home. I was working at the time. Mike Seep, my brother’s doctor (and my best friend) called me at about one in the morning and told me that Gerry had passed away.

I rushed from work to my brother’s house. Mike was still there as was the whole family. I cried, sat next to Gerry’s bed, stroked his hair and told him goodbye.

I love him dearly and miss him terribly, but I am confident that I will see him again in glory. The Lord was gracious to my brother.

Cancer is a terrible thing. It slowly and painfully took my brother from us, but it gave him time to reflect and make things right with our holy God. Gerry made sure of his salvation and redemption in Christ while he was suffering.

I don’t know why the Lord took him. God keeps those secret things to himself, but He is sovereign and He blessed us with Gerry for forty-two years. In all things we are to give God honour and praise, even in a time like that, when our heart is broken and seems to us beyond mending.

Gerry I love you and miss you.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: