mardi, octobre 16, 2007

Last Friday night, MK and I sat on the front porch. It was a nice, cool evening so I lit a fire in my fire pot. We sat on the porch, drank wine, and talked about everyday stuff. For us, everyday stuff includes LSU football (we were both concerned about Kentucky), Reformed theology, the Early Church Fathers, and going to Festival Acadien at Lafayette on the next day. Some of my children joined us on the porch for small portions of our visit, including my lovely daughter.

Next morning, MK, his son, my two young sons and I all headed for Lafayette and the Festival. We met David H. at a McDonalds and he led us to the place to park. We then caught a shuttle to the festival. When we got there, the Lost Bayou Ramblers were on stage. They're a great young Cajun band.

We walked around, listened to music, at some food and drank a little beer. Our time there was cut short because the LSU-Kentucky game started a 2:30 pm. We got back to the car in time for the kick off and listened to the first half on the radio. We watched the rest of the game at MK's house. After the game the boys and I returned home. Kentucky earned their victory over the Tigers.

On Sunday we worshipped at Bethel (PCA), the previous week our family visited Trinity Baptist Church. The sermon was good, but I missed the liturgical style of worship that we have at Bethel.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: