dimanche, octobre 21, 2007

Saturday was Election Day, so when I left work in the morning I went directly to my polling place. I was the first one there and had to wait three minutes before I could vote at 6 am. I voted for our governor elect, Bobby Jindal and others.

After voting I went home, poured myself a pint of Guinness, relaxed and checked for a few minutes before heading to bed. When I woke I checked on Lisa, who is not feeling well, and then my youngest son and I went and threw the football for a while. Then it was time to go to work.

Saturday evening at work was not bad. We did have sporadic periods of business, but I was still able to catch a little of the LSU game over the radio during lulls in activity. I caught the last ten minutes of the game where LSU went ahead 20 to 17, then Auburn scored and it was 24 to 20 and finally with one second left the Tigers pulled out a win with a touchdown pass. I don’t know who caught Flynn’s pass, because the roar of the crowd was so loud that you could not make out a word the sportscasters had to say until the kickoff that followed.

I wish I could have seen it. I called MK how is the biggest LSU fan that I know and after that I spoke with Woody as he and Elisabeth were trying to exit from the stadium. Everyone was ecstatic.

I was able to find out about the governors race shortly after the game ended, but I had to wait for the Sunday paper to get the rest of the election results, because we no longer have access to the web at work.. Just last week the company cut out the Internet, so I could not look up the results on line.

When I got home Sunday morning. I poured myself another Guinness, and I am going to sit on the front porch, relax and enjoy my Guinness Then I will clean up and go to bed. If I sleep until 2 pm I will have a good day’s sleep..

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: