lundi, janvier 12, 2009

I worked off of Graveyard shift this morning. The first night of the shift was a bit busy, but the rest of the nights at work were very non-eventful, which is what I like. I cooked Pain Perdu (i.e. lost bread or French toast) along with bacon and sausage for the crew one evening. It was very good.

When I got off work this morning it was freezing here in SW Louisiana. We hit 31 degrees. All the yards and roofs of houses were white with frost. I enjoy this kind of weather, but I dress for it and we only experiance it a hand full of days in any given winter.

Here in South Louisiana, we are moving toward Mardi Gras so the King Cakes are everywhere. I brought the first King Cake to work this year and two more have followed. These cakes are so good.

The boys started back to school last week and Lisa is doing her regular job and teaching a Pilates class several days a week.

I finally finished reading Ivan's War: Life and Death in the Red Army, 1939-1945. It is a book I started a long time back, read a bit, put it down for a time before picking it up again. It is a good book, even though I picked it up an set it down several times before finishing it. I also finished reading second century bishop of Antioch, St. Theophilus' three letters to Autolycus.

I've started listening to Murry Rothbard's America's Great Depression on audibook.

My buddy TK, who works at the refinery dock, is on the same shift with me for 2009. He and I met at a Waffle House after work this morning, to visit and eat breakfast before heading to our homes.

That's about it for now.

Kenith

Aucun commentaire: