jeudi, janvier 08, 2004


I did make the trip to Lafayette Tuesday, but My son and his friend bailed out on us so it was just me and Israel “Izzy” P. It was his first trip and we had a good time. I enjoy climbing but just as fun was the trip over there. Since it was just two of us, and not four as we originally planned, we did not go in the minivan as I had planned. Instead, Izzy picked me up in his Corvette Z06. (his Z06 is yellow like the one in the pictures)

This is a fine automobile and was fun to ride in. Izzy did show me some of what it is capable of. All I could say was WOW!! I am very impressed with this beautiful car.

After we climbed around at the Rok Haus for a few hours, we went and got us a bite to eat and headed back to Lake Charles.

Izzy invited my son and I to go to his place and play video games. He has three computers hooked up together (LAN) so we were all in the same games. We played Desert Combat and Battlefield 1942. This was a blast and my 17 year old son thought it was great. When we left he told me that we needed to get set up like that.

Izzy and Christian both did a lot better than me. Izzy’s really good and Christian was pretty good. I was glad I was able to do just a little bit of good in the game.

On Wednesday I ran a few errands and then took a nap so I could work tonight. I am here now and it is quiet. I have 3 1/2 hours to go. This is my last day on shift with my 2003 crew. Next week we go to our new shifts and I am loosing three of the five guys that were on shift with me this year. I really like these fellows and hate to part with them.

Our crew and the crew of the unit we share a control room with are scheduled to go out to dinner and then to a club Friday night since we will not all be together next year.

Gotta go to work.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: