mercredi, mars 03, 2004


Last night I went to see Master and Commander with my buddy Chester. It is a very good movie. That's two movies I have at the theater seen since the first of the year, which is way more than I normally see in a couple years.

Today's big news is the book sale at our local (parish) library. I spent a good bit of time there after work and bought 24 books (all hard bound). I am very excited about several of these books. One of the best finds is Luigi Albertini's seminal three volume work: "The Origins of the War of 1914."

I was mostly looking for biographies and history, but I also scouped up a work by E.P. Sanders (a somewhat liberal) English theologian titled The Historical Figure of Jesus. I also picked up The Wayward Bus by one of my favourite 20th century writers, John Steinbeck. I also picked up several childrens books.

I am something of a bibliophile and would love to go into detail about all the books I bought today, but I think that would make this a very long post, and then I would want to discuss other books in my library. I would be up all night typing.

I did place a new post on As I see it! today. It is (obviously) something I find interesting.

This was a good evening. The little boys did their nightly reading and math work with Lisa and me. Now we have prayed and they (the little boys) have gone to bed.

It is warm and humid tonight winter is going; spring is coming and it will soon be, as it is every summer, very hot and very humid here in SW Louisiana. uuugghhh! Oh well, I think I will pour me a glass of wine (or maybe a cold beer) pick up a good book and read a bit before I go to sleep.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: