dimanche, mars 07, 2004


Yesterday was an uneventful day. I'm still on light duty because of my ribs. I didn't my unit, instead yesterday was our monthly Rescue Team training. I am on the refineries confined-space/high-angle rescue team. I was not of much use to the team I was just there. I was supposed to leave tomorrow for Texas A&M for a week long rescue class. Now I will likely be rescheduled for a ROCO Rescue school in Beaumont, Texas next October or November.

Today was a good day. I spent most of it with the little boys. Lisa and Morgan had a mom/daughter day and Christian spent much of the day with his cousin Ryan, so I took the little boys and drove up to Longville for the day. It was a beautiful day to spend in the country. We had a weenie roast and walked about to see how my dad's fruit trees, grapes (muscadines) and land was looking. The birds were actively congregating at the many feeders my parents have out. The Cardinals were there in full force and other birds were seen elsewhere on the property.

My parents (Bud and Dot), my brother Terry, sister Sandy, her daughter Recie were there, as was another niece Shannon (eldest daughter of my late brother). A couple of my parents neighbours had also dropped in for hotdogs and visiting. We had a good time. Later that evening, after the sun had set and a beautiful moon had come up, mom made a pot of dark roast Community Coffee. We sat around, drank coffee and visited some more. Then the little boys and I got back into my truck and headed back for home.

My mom, sister and nieces had gone to the Saturday morning garage sales at Fort Polk. Mom picked me up a framed, matted and numbered print by Clyde Heron. The print is of the great Confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest. It is very nice. You can see the print here: Lt. General N.B. Forrest .

This morning we worshipped at Bethel (PCA). Our pastor is out of town and Elder Ben filled the pulpit in his place. It was a good to worship the Lord with the liturgy and with the people at Bethel.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: