vendredi, juin 18, 2004

It has been over week since I have been able to sit down and write on any of my three blogs. I was taken off shift this week and worked 8 hour days, from 7-3. I am working on the operations plan of an upcoming turn-a-round (i.e. shutdown, catalyst change and maintenance). I think a lot was done, but there is still more that I need to do and will have next week off shift to complete that work.

Wednesday of this week we had a feast at work. Mat brought ten cleaned squirrels someone else brought some deer sausage other folks brought more items. Bud cooked the squirrels and deer sausage in a wonderful gravy. This was a feast when placed over the South Louisiana /Cajun staple- rice. Marlin (Big Dog) provided pecan pie and Blue Bell ice-cream for dessert.

After a feast like that we were kind of useless after our dinner, and luckily it was a mostly quiet afternoon at work that day. The guys had cooked up rabbit and deer sausage the day before, but sadly I missed that meal.

It has been nice to get home early every afternoon this week. The little boys and I were able to go for a number of afternoon walks. I get to point out certain birds and trees for them. We also did our evening readings (them to me and me to them) and of course we pray together every night.

I’m now going to finish this blog and go grab a book and read for a while. I recently started reading Tertullian. Tertullian was born about 160 AD and lived as a pagan before he converted to the Christian faith in the mid to late 190's. He was an educated man of his day and was literate in both Greek and Latin. I’ve read a little of Tertullian’s stuff in the past. Right now I am about half way through his Apologeticum.

I am still working my way through the Iliad and of course I am still reading lots of other stuff. Today I read Peter Leithart’s review of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar. I found Leithart’s review to be very insightful and interesting.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: