vendredi, juin 04, 2004


My shift finished up on Wednesday evening. I had worked 96 hours in the previous 7 days and had started those seven days work nights and then flip flopped to daylights after a couple of days. On the first two days on daylights I worked 16 hours, starting at 2 AM. In all that my sleep pattern was seriously messed up, because of switching from night shift to day shift, and I did not sleep well. When I fell asleep last Wednesday night I slept for about 13 hours straight.

Yesterday, after my long sleep, I got up and worked around the house. And spent time with Lisa and the kids. The little boys read to me from our McGuffey’s Readers. They are both improving nicely in their ability to read aloud. After they each read to me, I then read to them from a book that we have started. We then had a time of prayer before they were put to bed.

Some weeks back, after our reading and prayer time, I picked up one of them by his hands and feet and placed him in his bed. The other immediately insisted that I do the same for him. They both find this to be a great way of going to bed, so now it has become the routine when I am home. I pick each one up by grabbing both hands and ankles and place them in their beds. They then beg for me to do it again and I usually succumb to their pleas and do it twice.

With all the hours I worked and the trouble we were having at work, I have not been able to read a lot. I am still reading Mathison’s book The Shape of Sola Scriptura. I detoured off of this book again to check out another quote. The Quote was from St. Thomas so read a good bit in St. Thomas AquinasSumma Theologica. I am also reading The Iliad. I have read parts of it in high school but have never read the whole thing. I am also continuing with Fyodor Dostoevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov on tape. One of the tapes was garbled, this equals 1 ½ hours of reading, so I had to read that section for myself.

I am enjoying all three books, though they are very different from one another.

At this moment Lisa is at work, Christian and Ryan have gone to run a few errands and Morgan has taken the little boys to see the new Harry Potter movie. The were supposed to meeting their cousins at the theatre.

I would like to go to Longville this afternoon to visit and do a little fishing. I hope we can go but it will depend on how things play out.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: