mercredi, novembre 24, 2004

I haven’t blogged in a while. I’ve been busy at work and home. Some of the business was on things that are not all that important things, and others have been very important. MK and I made it to the LSU vs. Ole Miss game. Mitch T. and Chuck Y. Came with us, but they sat in another section of the stadium. We had a flat tire on the way home. We were on the Interstate near Welch, La when the right rear tire blew out. We got home about 2:30 am on Sunday.

Me, Lisa and the little boys again attended the nearby Lutheran Church (LCMS). The pastor had a good sermon. The liturgy is not very different than what we have at Bethel (PCA) (where the big kids went to Church).

Some big news that also saddens me a bit is my friend, and pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church Bill Smith, and his family, may be leaving the area. He may going to pastor a PCA church in Louisville, Ky. This would put him near Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (the flagship of the SBC) and he could get his doctorate. Getting his doctorate is something we has wanted to do ever since I’ve known him.

Gary J. And I have car pooled to work the last couple of nights. He drives. We pick up a beer on the way home in the morning and drink it on my front porch. Yesterday we added a shot of Wild Turkey to our beer. We visited and drank our beer. When we finished he headed home and I went to bed.

I have not been able to read much lately, but I did finish book 1 of Calvin’s Institutes. The man was a absolutely brilliant. I can’t wait to read the whole thing, but it is going to take me a long time to finish it.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: