samedi, novembre 27, 2004

It’s very late and I should be in bed, but if worked the graveyard shift (6pm to 6am) for the past four days and though I am off tonight I am still very much awake even at this late hour. I just finished reading an essay from I’ll Take My Stand: The South and the Agrarian Tradition. The essay is by Allen Tate and is titled Remarks on the Southern Religion. My response so far is "hummm."

Yesterday I arrived home from work at about 6:30. I went to bed and was wakened at 11am to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. We went to Lisa’s sisters house, where her whole family gathered to feast and be thankful. I was privileged to be asked to pray over the meal, and then we all at our fill on to many good foods and desserts to name.

I visited with family and friends until about 3:15 when my bro-in-law "J" brought me back home. I gave him a quick tour of the house, said good by and went back to bed. I slept until 5:30pm. Gary J picked me up for work a few minutes after 6.

Gary and I sipped on Bourbon on my front porch this morning after work. After he left for home I went to bed and slept until 11:30am. I then got up, drank a cup of coffee and started helping Lisa put up the Christmas tree. At about 1:45 I realised the LSU vs Arkansas game had started, so I turned on the radio (we don’t have cable or a working antenna) to listen to the game.

After a particular play, I called MK on the phone to on it. Chester was at his house and he invited me over (again) to watch the game with them. Lisa urged me to go join them, which I did. After the game, Lisa, the little boys (the big kids were at their jobs) and I went to Longville to visit my folks. We had a good visit.

We got home just before 10 pm. Lisa and I put a DVD of the movie Khartoum (Staring Charlton Heston) on. I watched the whole thing, but Lisa feel asleep early in the movie. It’s a good movie.

I will now try once more to go to sleep.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: