mardi, janvier 25, 2005

I worked off of graveyard shift last Friday morning. I went to bed late that morning and had to get up early, after only two hours of sleep, to go pick up our truck, which Christian has been driving. The truck died on him and his friend Paul on their way back from Lafayette Thursday evening. Gary J. picked Christian and me up and we found the truck on the side of I-10 just past Jennings.

It was stuck in 5th gear so we were fearful that we would not be able to tow it home which was our plan. I decided to try and drive it back to town. I got it going and was able to get it to Lenny Sangers Auto Repair shop, which is co-owned by my bro-in-law; he confirmed what I had already decided. We need to cut our losses and get rid of the truck. (What am I gonna do without a truck? I need a truck. ah

So now we are down to three vehicle (two of which are semi-heaps), and we are looking for a fourth. There are four of us employed and logistically it is hard to get on with just three vehicles.

Saturday I spent the day at home with the little boys . We had a good day. We wrestled around on the bed for a couple of hours. I would tickle them until they fell off. It was great fun. We also spent a few hours at the park, where my chief job is to spin them, and what ever playmates they have there, on the merry-go-round. We then walked home. One then read to me while the other bathed and then vice verse.

I also read a bit for myself, while at the park, between my turns at the merry-go-round. I have to finish up a couple of books. I am reading four and that is just to many, not counting the Bible. That is too much. I am, BTW, now over 360 pages in Calvin. I know; that is slow even for me, but it is worth going slow ans savouring it.

Sunday we went to Covenant Presbyterian Church in Sulphur. I found out that Bill Smith and his family will be departing for Louisville, Ky after next Sunday, and this would be my last Sunday to here Bill preach. The man is gifted, and I hate to see him leave, but it is as it is. After the service we stayed and ate with the congregation and said our farewells to Bill, Susan and the kids.

I’m not yet sure what Lisa and I are going to do for a home church. We are still members at Bethel, and I’m officially still a deacon there (I need to resign). We may return to Bethel or join Covenant. I don’t see us joining the Lutheran Church, though I have enjoyed worshipping there.

Sunday night, after Lisa and the little boys were in bed, MK came over with a Merlot (2002) that he got from the California Wine Club which he belongs to. This Merlot is a from the Fallbrook Winery and was a most excellent wine.

While Mike and I were sitting at the diningroom table enjoying the wine, Christian came home from work and he sat down and joined in the conversation for a little wine. Not long after that Morgan came home as well.

When the bottle was empty MK and I went for our walk and prayer time. Some of the guys at work seem to think this is a bazaar ritual that we have, but it is an old practice and it is almost always a good time of prayer and fellowship before the Lord.

Monday was spent to doing odd jobs around the house. It is 4:50 AM Tuesday morning and we shall soon find out what today has in store as well.

Coram Deo,
Kenith
Ps. My good friend David H., who lives in Grand Coteau has just got his own blog site up and running. It is called Gumbo Filé .

Aucun commentaire: