jeudi, janvier 06, 2005


I’m working nights still. We shutdown one of our units to make some repairs on a compressor and I am working the shutdown on nights. This is my seventh night in a row and I have about five or six more to go before we finish.

I’ve finished reading The Forgotten People: Cane River’s Creoles of Color by Dr. Gary B. Mills. It is a wonderful book about an amazing Louisiana family. I’ve had the privilage to call a number of the descendents of the Metoyer gens de couleur libre of Cane River friends.

Long before I ever met Ron, I knew Ron’s brother Russell. I remember the first time I met Ron it was at Russels wedding. I didn't see him again for years, then we met again when he came to work here at the refinery.

I am going to have to buy this book for my personal library. I have wanted to read it for years. I was not disapointed when I finally did get to read it. I recommend it to everyone. I am so thankful to Ron for loaning it to me.

I’ve already started a biography of George Washington and I am still working my way through Calvin (I will likely make this statement for at least another year).

I have a sweet potato in the oven that is almost ready to take out and eat, so I will stop here.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: