dimanche, janvier 16, 2005


Yesterday was a pretty good day. I worked around the house with Lisa and the children. But yesterday evening we went to a formal Mardi Gras Ball. I know Mardi Gras is several weeks away, but in South Louisiana there are Balls an celebrations for many weeks before Mardi Gras arrives.

We had a very good time, even though I started to feel bad as the night went on.. I started feeling bad on Friday, but felt better during the day on Saturday. Saturday afternoon my throat became sore and I started getting hoarse.

Lisa looked beautiful (as usual) in a baby blue dress that she had made for the occasion, and I wore a tux (rented of course). We had a great time. Donna and Duke Benoit (pronounced Ben-wah) came and dressed here and we all road together to Lisa’s niece, Elisabeth’s home, were we had a drink before heading to the ball.

Though I my throat was a bit sore, we danced and had a great time. No one in our little group had too much to drink, but I can’t say that for everyone there. I had a little bourbon at the house and a Scotch ant Elisabeth’s. Lisa had, maybe a half a glass of wine. Duke was driving and had coke, Donna may have had a few glasses of wine.

Our friend Debbie and her beau, Bob, meet us there. It was a good time. We visited a little and danced a lot. But by the end of the evening I could hardly talk and I was feeling quite poorly. After the party Duke, Donna, Lisa and I went and ate breakfast (Waffle House) before the Benoit’s dropped us off at home.

About four this morning I woke up all sweaty and clammy. I think I must have had a fever. I felt bad and stayed in bed all day. I did not get up until about 7 o’clock this evening. I still don’t feel very good, but I slept all day and am not tired right now. Everyone in the house is asleep, so I thought I would write a short blog.

The thing I most regret is that I missed worship services today. I work two out of every four weekends and I hate to miss worship when I have a day off.

I think I will retire with a book and see if I feel better tomorrow.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: