samedi, juillet 12, 2008

I was taken off shift Monday morning, and spent the rest of the week working (long) days.

This morning, Saturday, I slept in a bit and then got up and did some work around the house. I woke the boys at 9. Then I brought them to a birthday party at 11, while they were at the party I went to see Morgan. She was at work at the library.

This afternoon I watched a good portion of Fox News' tribute Tony Snow, who died of Colon Cancer this morning. My own brother, Gerry, was diagnosed with colon cancer eight years ago. He died five years ago after a three year battle with cancer. Colon cancer is a terrible disease and it is hard to watch someone you dearly love wither away while they battle this horrific cancer.

Yet, it is amazing how our great God uses such evils to bring glory His amazing grace and salvation to those who turn to him. Cancer, horrible as it is, gives the one stricken time to turn to Christ and find salvation in the only Saviour between God and man.

Tony Snow wrote about God's grace, even with cancer, after his cancer returned last year. You can read about it here in Christianity Today.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: